Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Resource Post for Aric

Well, this post is for Aric to help him out with his Ocarina.

This company is called Songbird Ocarinas. Songbird has been around for years. How long I actually don't know, but I can say that when I was 12-15, I bought 4 ocarinas from them and they are all still solid. So they are a good source. Their site is also very useful in its inclusion of the history of the ocarina. Now, out of the four that I bought, they only still sell one of them. The first one that I bought. It was based on Link's ocarina in Zelda: Ocarina of Time (which I used to be able to play every ocarina song on ocarina...Dorky, I know). How I found this company was that Nintendo was doing a promotional thing where if you bought Link's sweet potato ocarina from this company, you got a free ocarina songbook with Zelda music in it. I have 3 or 4 ocarina songbooks laying around still. I had some friends that picked them up for me along the way.

If I could make a recommendation: Stick with a 4 hole rather than a 6 hole. The 6 hole ocarinas usually seem to be a craft object mainly for decoration. I can try to find mine if you'd like to take a look at how Link's is made or how my other ones are made, but they've been put away since I moved so they aren't just out in the open. But I'd gladly help out. I also made one in ceramics my second semester at my old college, but it isn't that great so it's not worth an examination. More or less, I just didn't give myself enough leeway for shrinkage so it didn't get the right notes. I now know that mistake. So if you need any help, feel free to ask.












See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment