Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Monday, May 17, 2010

More Mask Research

I've been doing more and more research into masks. It seems that I can't get masks out of my mind. Something about the changing of one's face to become someone else, or application on anonymity, just seems interesting and appealing to me. Through my research, I've found an absolutely amazing book that teaches how to make traditional leather masks. I will be doing this as soon as I get the leather. I also found a great website with a vast selection of masks and information on them. Here's a link.


They had a lot of different masks, and loads of information on them. Here's some of my favorites.
I liked this one because it's a wood and copper Iroquois mask. Very interesting.


This is a wooden mask from Switzerland

Wooden mask from Bulgaria


This is a cool Korean wedding mask. It's very similar to the Commedia dell'Arte style masks.
So there you go....Cool pictures, cool link.
See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment