Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coming Soon!

Here's some sketches and descriptions of some works in progress.


This first one is called Memento Mori Maximum. This thurible is entirely inspired by the chlorine crystals that I discovered in the acid cabinet. It is smithed from copper, with copper crystals at the top eroded to show the green crystals underneeth. The green parts will be cast from resin. There's some other suprises in store for it. The point of this pieces is to show an industrial erosion of the natural crystals. It will have some of my normal aesthetic stylings, heavily influenced by the Steampunk style, but will have a taste of the organics. It follows my favorite type of dichotomy in which we pit nature against machine. The way I like to think of it is "The organic goes to the machanic."






This piece is a production piece that I am working on for my opening at Culturshoc in Toronto. It is a leather and brass cuff. In this sketch, the black is all metalwork, the red is leatherwork.


So there you have it. I'm working commercially and artistically at the same time.











See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment