Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leather Mask Work

Thanks to a famous leatherworker and some books, I'm starting to work on a leather and metal mask. So here's some process shots of the progress.


This is the clay sculpt of the mask. The mask will end above the lower jaw.





A slow-gel mold of the sculpt.


Took the positive out of the slo-gel, and poured in Plaster of Paris.


The wood circle on the back is used for tacking leather later.


The master mold next to the slo-gel mold.


The mastermold after its release.



The mastermold carved down to the bare mask, and detailed up to refine the forms of the mask.




More pictures will obviously come soon once the leather is formed to the mold. The left eye will have a metal, cyborg eye (suprise suprise) and the right forhead will have brass tubing protruding from it.






See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment