Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Progress on the Mushroom Crown

Well I managed to progress a bit more on the veil today. The rest of the chasing and repousse, as well as the etching are done. I also managed to make some of the chains.


So here's a picture of the etched, pierced, chased, and drilled half next to the other half which is chased and has the resist applied with the design scribed in. I thought it was a cool shot.




This is a picture with some of the chains on the piece. The links have been hammered somewhat flat. It's my attempt at drawing a transition from the flat sheet where the holes are to the spherical beads that will make up the veil. There is exactly 80 strands of 3 chain links which will transition into the beads via tubing. There will then be 80 strands consisting of 175 beads each.




So yup.....Progress.







See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment