Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Charity Time!

Wow. Well the world has needed some help lately! Yesterday was the Bijutsu sale at Buffalo State College. I'll tell you, I went to help set up the sale and was astonished and awed by the amount of artwork that was donated. The sale lasted several hours, and resulted in a total of about $7000 for the Japan Relief Fund. 100% of that is going straight to the fund, so Buffalo made a difference this week! I'd like to thank Sumiyo Roland and Megan Cosgrove for their tireless work on the event, and I'd like to thank all of the artists and patrons that made the sale a huge success.

The next charity that I am involved with is the Slime City Double Feature benefit this coming Monday (May 9) at the Dipson Theatres Market Arcade Film & Art Center (639 Main St. Buffalo Corners, NY). I really encourage everyone to come and support this cause which will help Benjamin Heppel, a local 8 year old boy with lukemia. There will be give-aways, raffles, and a back-to-back viewing of Slime City and Slime City Massacre. These are two amazing horror movies, both filmed right here in Buffalo.



One of the prizes that you can win at this event is a custom, one-of-a-kind Slime City pendant from my A Cymbal as a Symbol series. I enjoyed making this piece, and I can't wait to see who gets it! Here's two pictures of it.



It will be on a genuine leather cord.

So come support some great causes and get some great artwork!



See you space cowboy...

No comments:

Post a Comment