Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ruachuliu Layer 2: Trees and Vines

Well, this piece only took forever to make.




I originally designed and fabricated the initial version of this bracelet back when I made the pip Ruachuliu Layer 1: Fire and Stone. I planned on casing it using the new Neutec caster in the studio, but that machine is still not ready to use! So before the holidays, I decided just to use the old method and cast it out. I then bezel set the Labradorite in it just in time to wear it to holiday dinners back at home. Here's a picture of it:





The silver behind the Labradorite is pierced out so that the light can shine through it. The piece resembles a leaf, and the linework resembles grasses and vines.

In Layer 2 of ruachuliu, creatures are given their flesh by an old man or woman (depending on gender). They are all given their flesh in this layer because trees bear fruits that give us flesh when we eat them.

See you space cowboy......

No comments:

Post a Comment