Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Project 2: Some Questions

Ok, I started to think about ideas for the second project as I'm detailing the first.

One of my major questions is:
Does the story have to be another person's narrative? Or could I have written it?

The reason I ask is that when I was between the ages of 16 and 19, I wrote a story for fun. The basic explanation of the story is as follows:


Every night when the world of man falls asleep and the eyes of the world's
beasts are closed, the mushrooms of the earth come alive. They eat, love, fight,
pray, and do all that man can do. Just smaller. The mushrooms exist in tribes
battling eachother for territory, but they must also defend themselves from the
attrocities of man. The chemicals and poisons that come alive to attack all that
lives. A great mushroom came about and united all of the tribes in a massive
battle for the defense of the mushroom colonies. In the final battle, the king
died in his final push for victory. The mushrooms won, but had lost their king.
Until another great mushroom came along. He was born blind, but built himself
eyes. This Mycomechanic, as he came known to be, rebuilt the king out of the
metals of the earth, much like his eyes. The mycomechanic named the
newly-constructed king Psilocyborg, and they both ruled the colony forever
more.



This was just a basic overview of it. It actually got real detailed once upon a time. This story was the one that I described in the beginning of the semester on how it influenced that mask. So anyway, I want to make the Mycomechanics eyes, so my other question is:

Does the object have to TELL the narrative? Or can it just be PART of the narrative?


See you space cowboy....

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,
    Answer to Q#1: The piece has to TELL the narrative. Answer to Q #2: It would be all right if you decide to use the story the you have created. - Tara (FYI - BSC mailbox is full)

    ReplyDelete