Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mask Progress

So I've gotten a hell of a lot done on the mask. Now that I've done it once, it will go much smoother in the future. Or so that seems to be the pattern. So here's some process pictures for y'all.
The original concept sculpture for the mask. I was in NO WAY happy with it, so I started anew.


The new mask sculpted
The mask with the eye to cast in place


The mask cast in transparent blue resin with eye cast in place
There's loads more details to add including a paint job and a bunch of new metal work. There's also a lot of clean up for the resin itself. But really, that's not too bad. The hard part is over and now it's just little things.
The secondary mask (top mask) from the original design isn't even started yet. However, I'm considering not casting it in resin but instead casting it in latex. I need to play with that idea a little more, but I'm not overly concerned about it. Yes, I know it's due Wednesday, but I now understand the process because I've done it on my own. So I predict that I have the time.
The primary (front) mask is the largest concern to me. It's much more important than the secondary.


See you space cowboy...








No comments:

Post a Comment