Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Progress and Prizes

Well, here's another piece that I've been working on. This piece was made for the same Furniture Design class as the altar was made for. THe assignment was to make a serving tray, a clock, or a toy. While my Steampunk desires were shouting "DO A CLOCK!," I chose to make a toy. More specifically, a marionette. In the following photos, the controller above the puppet is not attached.






The body is carved from a block of soft maple. I used several different tools, but it all came down to hand working the wood. The left arm of the puppet is chased and repoussed copper, and the hand is fabricated brass. The legs as well as the crotch are brass and copper tubing and rod. The right eye is brass and copper, and the head is hand-carved soft maple.





More pictures will be coming soon. But I want people to toss me some name ideas for this piece. For some reason, I think Kenny will come up with something good, but I welcome all ideas. If you come up with something really cool, I will send you a prize! A piece of jewelry! Woohoo!

I will be honest: Pat is ahead right now with Avius. But naming this pieces doesn't have to be a name, it can be a phrase. So be creative! I'm tagging everyone I have the patience for tagging.

There will also be a whole slew of new pictures coming very soon.



See you space cowboy.....

1 comment:

  1. http://theastralandancient.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-won-this.html

    ReplyDelete