Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year = New Projects

With the encroaching new year, I have started planning and designing my next piece. This piece, however, is very different than anything I've worked on in the past. How so? Well, generally my pieces come from a concept and are developed around that concept...This piece is not. However, it will be more challenging than my previous pieces because it's not my standard method of working.

The company "Blizzard Entertainment" is doing a contest called Epic Weapon Replication. In this contest, artists pick a weapon in one of their games and make a real-life version of it. I have picked one called The Emerald Ripper.
I will be fabricating the handle and other metal parts from brass, and the blade (which is made from a solid emerald in the game) will be cast from resin.
This piece will be insanely challenging, but I think it will be entertaining to work on. Artists have a mere 2 weeks to complete it from January 1 to January 14. The time constraint is tough, but doable.
Wish me luck!
See you space cowboy....



No comments:

Post a Comment