Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Just May Be on to Something!

So I was excited with this production work to A.) Finish it on time and B.) Have customers really like it. It was all Steampunk-based in design, which came from an Anthrometalic (I made that word up) study funded by a small creativity grant from Buffalo State. I learned a lot about the Steampunk aesthetics and ideals, and have incorporated the ideas from this fairly esoteric American gothic subculture into my own artistic productions. I did not know how well they would sell at the Student Sale, but all of my ear rings are gone, and the pendants are going fast as well.

And then it was brought to my attention that the Steampunk aesthetic approach is now becoming mainstream. My wife sent me a picture of the Victoria's Secret runway show on December 1st, and, well, I'll just show it to you. I don't think anyone will complain about looking at some models.



SHE IS STEAMPUNK!
She has the tuxedo-esque bustier with the forearm gloves!
AND LOOK AT THOSE WINGS! Brass gears with silver feathers! On top of that, this production has run me short on watch parts, so I looked online for some more. Last time I bought them, I had to hunt down an old man that bought and sold estates, and happened to buy one from a watch maker. He sold me a little baggie of gears, and we met int he Wegmans parking lot. It was skeavy and fun. NOW THERE ARE STEAMPUNK PART SUPPLIERS!

IT MAKES ME WANT TO PERMANENTLY TYPE IN CAPS!!!!1!!!

Anyway, I'm actually kind of proud for the fact that I hopped on the bandwagon before it was cool, so that I could hopefully ride this wave during its height of popularity for a while.




See you space cowboy......

No comments:

Post a Comment