Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Final Critique

I was plesently suprised by the final critique. I really like good crits, but have noticed a lack in participation and objectivity through the past several. But this semester's final was much improved, so thank you all.

I felt that I worked very hard, and was well-prepared. I was disappointed in the fact that I could not solder the top of my incense burner completely, but I am not well aware of my limits, and know what I need to learn next.

To give everyone an idea of how much work I've put in this semester, the week previous to the final critique I had spent about 100/144 hours in the studio. This semester, I averaged about 9 hours a day in the studio, and the last week was about 15 hours a day in the studio. So I feel accomplished and excited to get back to working in the studio. I'M ADDICTED!



Anyway, I think I'll end my last post of this semester with a few words to others:
Enjoy learning and strive to learn more. Intellectual curiosity is a gift of sentience, so use it and push forward to find your way. If you want to be an artist of any kind, you must love it.



Congrats to Rachel, and good luck in the future. Have fun in grad school!





See you space cowboy.......

2 comments: