Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Pictures

Well, it was the last weekend of Frightworld. Last night was my last night of scaring for another 10 months. Very sad. But I guess now my life can return to school-focused. I'm still a designer there, so I'll still be working. Just not so late.



Anyway, I have some pictures to share. Some that I didn't know were out there, one that's really cool.



Here's a picture of me working on detailing the columns outside of Return of the Mummy's curse. I designed the column layout, then started carving and painting cracks into them, as well as antiquing them.


Here's another one of me working on the columns. I'm up on a lift because the columns are 10ft tall.


I didn't really know that those pictures were out there. Now I do. Damn stalkers.




This is the cool one. On the last night, our amazing makeup artists went to town. They really liked my bald head. So another actor named Rob Cmor sculpted and molded this wound, then our lead artist Arick Szymecki painted it, then our prop artist Andrew Lavin applied it to my scalp and applied the makeup around it. Pretty damn convincing.



Now I can take credit for three artistic tasks at Frightworld: I'm a designer, an artist, and a canvas.




See you space cowboy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment