Who Am I?

My photo
I'm a designer of different types. I am a Metalsmithing major with a Photography and Graphic Design background. I also design haunted houses and props for America's Screampark, Frightworld. I play bass in a band called Thrown to the Wolves, too.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Painting isn't THAT hard....

So I decided that I'd post a process update from work. For those of you that don't remember (or didn't know), I'm a designer at Frightworld: America's Screampark. We're actually rated as one of the top haunted houses in the country. In our building, we have 5 haunted houses, so it takes a lot of work to design them, build them, design and create costumes and characters, then hire the massive amount of employees to work there. Well, I've been working on a mask for one of our senior actors and I decided to release a bit of a teaser for this season.


Some of you already saw this mask when I worked on it in the studio. But here's another image of what you saw:

Well, it was my task to further detail this mask. So I did. I may be a 3D artist working in a tough medium like metal, but appearently painting isn't out of my grasp.


Here's a close-up of some of the detailed painting.

There you have it.
See you space cowboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment